Listing your business on Google Maps is an integral part of your marketing plan, and luckily, it is very simple and easy. If you haven't done so already, take a few minutes and get on it! Your business will thank you!
Listing does require having a Google account, and if you aren't already set up for one, the process will only take a few minutes
1. Navigate to www.google.com/local/add, and sign in with your Google account if needed.
2. A screen will appear asking for your business phone number to check if Google Maps already has information about your business
3. If there happens to be a listing, make sure all of the information is correct. If it is not, you may edit anything at this time.
4. If there is no information, you will arrive at a page for you to fill in all of the requisite information for your business. You will also be asked to answer a few questions about your business such as do you provide services to customer's locations, your hours of operation, and any options that you offer for payment. You can then add up to 10 photos of your storefront, products, or inside the business. Make sure all of your photos are clearly representative of your business, products, or services. In addition to photos, you can add up to 5 videos through YouTube. The same rules apply to videos as with photos; Make sure the videos are relevant! At the bottom, space is provided to add in any additional details about your business such as parking or brand offered.
5. Once you submit, you must wait for a confirmation to be sent to you through the mail. When you receive it, you must open it up to get a PIN number to complete the listing. This is Google's way of verifying that you exist at your address, and it is required to have your business listed.
6. Do a quick once-over to make sure your information is correct, and just like that, your business is listed on Google Places! You can even highlight promotions you may have going on, or respond to review from customer
Mary Camacho is the author of
The Internet Plan. Buy the book here!
Use the links below to share this Blog Post with friends and associates...